Check your cibil score
Before everything check your cibil score. Your cibil score would be important when you are going to apply for loans.
- There are several factors which affect your score.
- Analyze and work upon the factors which are having a negative impact on your cibil score.
Calculate and pen down your budget
Pen down your financial status, expenditures and everything and calculate the amount you are comfortable to pay.
- Create your budget. Do not go overboard. Stick to your budget.
- Know that there are going to other expenses even after primarily buying your house. Then apply for credit.
Appointments with real estate agents
Make appointments with real estate agents.
- Ask all of them similar questions and note their responses.
- Settle on the real estate whose style you like the most.
- Ask your agent about his or her past experiences.
- Your agent should understand you, your visions and your budget.
Start looking at homes, as many as you like
With an agent by your side start looking at homes. Take a tour of all the homes your agent suggested.
Ask necessary questions
Ask all the necessary questions regarding the homes you are shown.
Your list of non negotiables
Refer to your checklist and list of non negotiables when you are looking at homes.
Make your offer
If you have selected your home make your offer. Ask your agent to help you to negotiate with the seller. The seller’s listed price is only the beginning price.
Visit your home along with an inspector
After you have made an offer, go to the home with a home inspector. With the inspector by your side critically analyse, view and re- see the house and defect you might have missed.
Do not skip this step, else you might have a regret for life.
Do not sign papers in a hurry
Read, understand and sign all the papers carefully.